google


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sounds of Marque Valentine's Day Event


I'm not really big on doing a lot for Valtentine's Day because I feel that you should show your woman how much you love her on a daily basis. I know that was neither here nor there but whatever... Going into the event I was not prepared for what I saw once I walked through the doors of Zodiac. The Sounds Of Marque had reduced the club to standing room only. I'm talking wall to wall packed with couples eating, drinking, and enjoying beautiful music. Throughout the night Marque played his saxophone, along with a live band and a back-up singer, to songs like Musiq's "Beautiful," Michael Jackson's "Human Nature," Drakes's "Find Your Love," and sooo many more hits. He straight jammed the entire night! I am a huge supporter of his movement and I was soooo happy to see that it was standing room only. I was happy to see that so many people, after that show, would be recruited to the team as well!
During intermission there were about four poets to share their work with us. The two below would have to be my favs!

Phat Mack talked about love with a very funny twist. He talked about how confusing relationships can be when you don't have trust and security. How simple things can turn into big things when your spouse is "insecure" I thought he was excellent.

Mr. A.T. Chill surprised me.. I'm not going to lie I thought he was a little boy not even old enough to gain entrance into the venue. Yea, that changed as soon as he opened his mouth! The poem that stood out to me was called "Lesson's In Love." This poem was about a lusty type of love(I'm listening to him on youtube as I type this up lol). A type of love that was at an all time high between the hours of 2-5 am. A love that was more sexual than anything. I loved it! whew He is also the author of "Beginner's Luck" a book of his poetry. Check him out!
Check it out below:

No comments:

Post a Comment