google


Monday, December 21, 2009

theybf.com's Natasha on 2010 Black Enterprise Issue


Let me first say that theybf.com is one of my favorite blogs! The site is always on top of their business... I just want to thank her and her team for opening the doors for so many of us bloggers. I blog simply because I like reading celebrity gossip and my blog keeps a lot of my peers up on the gossip as well. So thanks Natasha! Congrats to you and your entire team!! I will be getting my Black Enterprise Magazine!

Words from Natash via theybf.com:

More than 4 years ago I started Young Black and Fabulous simply because I was just another young black woman addicted to celebrities, gossip, and how they lived the fabulous life. I never imagined for one millisecond that it would become a business venture. And more importantly…a lifestyle for so many different types of people.

For January 2010, Black Enterprise magazine chose entrepreneurs to feature and cover their “BE Next” issue. And the theme is focusing on the business leaders of the younger generation who have successfully created their own lanes. It was BEYOND an honor for me to be chosen as one of the four entrepreneurs for the cover feature. (I’m the one standing by the way) I have my YBF fans–many of whom have been with me and my ups and downs from Day 1 when my posts were infiltrated with complaints about law school–to thank for that. Many people simply see a few posts just published on the site everyday without realizing the work, business, relationships, and hardships that come with an internet business such as a celebrity gossip entertainment site. And to be a young black woman in a business world as new as this one. So to be recognized by a business leader in their own right, Black Enterprise, as well as the MANY, MANY YBF fans who know and appreciate all the work I and the YBF team put into the brand and how drastically it’s grown purely by word of mouth, is the most amazing feeling I’ve felt in a long time. More personal words when you read the rest….


The YBF lifestyle isn’t just for celebrities. We all have our own bit of YBF in us. Yes, even my readers who are far from young and black and do not hesitate emailing me telling me that they read and love it anyway. And I love my readers for that. I did not begin this site to embark on a journey to become a celebrity myself. That is still not one of my priorities in the least bit, which is why I choose to stay in the background and focus solely on my business. But my purpose has evolved from just simply writing about red carpets, fab celebrities, and foolywang. I hope to create a path for others to see and follow that encompasses ownership of our own brands and businesses, responsibility, being fabulous in our own right, and putting our own community on a pedestal. It is so necessary in my book of life. And I hope it becomes necessary in yours.

Of course no one and nothing is perfect, and I appreciate my readers who understand that and stick by YBF through its ups and downs. TheYBF.com is on the brink of a brand new re-design and re-launch that I cannot WAIT to get you all involved in. And several other business ventures (including more components on YBF) that will bring fabulosity to other lanes of our lives. So my theme for 2010 is Fearlessness. I actually had second thoughts about opening up and being on front street for this issue of Black Enterprise. I never intended for YBF to be about myself–Natasha–per se. I was just another person who was a fan of celebrities–just like you. But after 3 weeks of wondering why I wanted to say NO so badly to this cover shoot, I realized much of it was fear of what would come next. But tomorrow is never promised. And where much has been given, much will be asked. So I URGE you–urge=more fabulous word for “beg” :) –to pick up a copy (or 5) of this January issue of BE to find out more about me–Natasha–the “friend in your head” you talk with a few times a day. I did it for my readers because you just never know who could be helped or get inspired by it.

YBF and Black Enterprise also came up with a special deal for all you fabulous readers. YBF readers will exclusively get a 1-year Black Enterprise subscription for 50% less than the regular price. You can visit http://bit.ly/BEforYBF to sign up for your subscription. The January 2010 issue is on stands now in some places, and by December 29th, 2009 everywhere.

Happy 40th Anniversary to Black Enterprise. Check out the site for the behind the scenes video from the shoot. Shout out to my fabulous personal stylist for the shoot Jason Rembert. And thanks to AOL Black Voices for my interview about the BE cover story.

STAY FAB!

No comments:

Post a Comment