google


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yo Gotti Interview with MTV UK


The self proclaimed "King of Memphis" recently sat down with MTV UK to talk about his music, movement, and life.
Check out a few excerpts from the interview:
The Wrap Up: This is your huge introduction to Europe but we want to know first, if we were coming from London to Memphis, what could we expect?

Yo Gotti: On touring s**t, you go downtown Beale Street. If you’re coming to where I’m from, you’re coming to North Memphis. You’re coming to the hood!

TWU: What’s your least favourite question and how do you go about answering it?

Yo Gotti: Definitely the Three Six Mafia questions. I understand in most interviews you have to get the information, but I don’t ever not answer questions in my interviews or tell them what they can’t ask me, because I want it to be real.

TWU: So what’s the status on the Three Six Mafia situation?

Yo Gotti: I think they’ve accomplished a lot of things. A lot of people think we’re beefing, but we’re not beefing, we never were beefing. I just spoke on things that I didn’t like about the situation. What everybody hears me say is exactly what it was. It was never like no beef, or we’re riding around looking for each other.

TWU: How did the whole ‘Cocaine Muzik’ movement start?

Yo Gotti: ‘Cocaine Muzik’ means that the music is as addictive as cocaine itself. ‘Cocaine Muzik’ started off as being just one mixtape, but it connected to the streets so crazy until we had to make it a mixtape series

TWU: Through the ups and downs of the industry and transitions that you have made, what keeps you motivated?

Yo Gotti: Freedom keeps me motivated, I want to stay out of jail. Where I’m from, I see my homeboys go to jail. I still talk to them and send them money every month. So I know we could be changing places at any given time. My freedom, my brother’s freedom and the people around me who work with me that don’t have to do anything negative because they work with me, we’re just trying to stay free.

TWU: What would you say is your proudest moment thus far?

Yo Gotti: The proudest thing for me; is the ability to take care of my family. They don't want for nothing.


I'm sure that Three six question is aggravating! Just like the whole Chris Brown question is for Rihanna.. But you can read the full interview here

3 comments:

  1. Girl I just love Yo Gotti! That voice has had me sprung since Gangsta Party! Great scoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my interview, cool blog:)

    ReplyDelete